Saturday 14 June 2008

Seeking Virtual Members for the Generator

There are two types of Generator memberships available: Residential and virtual (for a list of current member see sidebar below)
Residential members have space in the Generator from where they run their business whereas virtual members run their business from their own premises but can take full advantage of the networking, business courses, open evenings and other services the Generator provides.

IF YOU ARE A UNITEC SCHOOL OF DESIGN GRADUATE AND WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR VIRTUAL MEMBERSHIP PLEASE CONTACT ROGER BATEMAN. (DETAILS AT THE FOOT OF THIS PAGE)

I am delighted to announce that Lindsay Pemberton who graduated from Unitec with a degree in Art and Design specializing in Object Design has recently joined as a Generator virtual member. Lindsay's business Rekindle focuses on the making and selling of her own jewellery ranges and ceramic designs in New Zealand and potentially overseas.

Lindsay says that "I am interested in creating domestic objects, and the relationship they form with their users. All of my work is functional - not in the sense of time efficiency, but to engage people in everyday rituals. My design approach is driven by tactility, usability and finding a balance between the familar and the element of suprise. My products are designed to challenge our thoughts of our everyday objects and rituals. By reinventing traditional rituals and domestic objects they take on a new reading in each of our lives"

For further information on rekindle click on Lindsay Pemberton in the sidebar below.

No comments:

Quote

"For me a business plan is a road-map to make your idea happen. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m not sure creatives should be talking about revenue streams and supply chains when they mean income and a network of friends and contacts in various creative fields. "I met this guy and he knows someone who can help out." That’s so underplayed and yet it’s so important to successful business. Terms like ‘supply chain’ are only so much alienating jargon.”

Hugo Manassei
Director, NESTA Graduate
Pioneer Programme

Quote

"Barbara made business seem so relevant. And that made it immediately interesting to me. I really felt that I wanted to understand it better because it’s related to what I am doing"

(Generator resident post Waitakere Enterprise/Generator Business Courses)