Friday 25 July 2008

Matt Blomeley joins the Generator

I am very pleased to announce that Matt Blomeley who is the gallery programme coordinator for Object Space in Auckland has joined the Generator as a virtual member. Click on his name in the virtual members side bar to go to his blogger site.

A reminder to ex students for Unitec's School of Design: if you are currently running your own business or freelancing and would like to join the Generator as either a residential or virtual member please contact me at the address and the bottom of this page.

No comments:

Quote

"For me a business plan is a road-map to make your idea happen. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m not sure creatives should be talking about revenue streams and supply chains when they mean income and a network of friends and contacts in various creative fields. "I met this guy and he knows someone who can help out." That’s so underplayed and yet it’s so important to successful business. Terms like ‘supply chain’ are only so much alienating jargon.”

Hugo Manassei
Director, NESTA Graduate
Pioneer Programme

Quote

"Barbara made business seem so relevant. And that made it immediately interesting to me. I really felt that I wanted to understand it better because it’s related to what I am doing"

(Generator resident post Waitakere Enterprise/Generator Business Courses)